Friday 29 October 2010

Friday Favourites: Body Brushing

As the cold draws in on us and we wrap up tighter, our skin can start to look dull and tired under all those layers of clothes. This is simply because our circulation gets slow and sluggish and the skin finds it harder to get rid of waste.

This is where BODY BRUSHING comes in. It will revive tired, dull skin and help get your circulation going to leave you with glowing results. Although an unusual feeling, the benefits far outweigh the 'strangeness' of how it feels.


Some of the benefits are:

  • Helps combat cellulite on the stubborn areas (I do it for this alone, never mind anything else!)
  • Removes the top most layers of dead skin
  • Gets the circulation going, bringing more oxygen and nutrients into the skin.
  • Stimulates skin renewal for super soft skin
  • Helps the body's natural detoxification process
  • Improves metabolism
For maximum impact, its best to do body brushing before a shower or bath and always brush in the direction of the heart. Obviously if you have any sensitive, broken or sore skin, avoid those areas, otherwise you will be in pain!

What type of brush to use?

A soft natural fibre brush is best. The best I've used is the Elemis Skin Brush which is just under £20 and is made from pure natural cactus bristles. Works a treat!

For a lovely treat, slather yourself in a moisturising body oil after your shower for baby soft skin.

7 comments:

  1. I really have to get back in the habit of body brushing! I used to do it every day and you really do see the difference!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh oooh Body brushing is the only thing (apart from removing my makeup and cleaning my teeth!) that I do every day and I have the Elemis brush, I have had it for about 10 years and it is still going strong and is the best. Thankyou for this. Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, this post is making me feel really guilty! I always aim to body brush, but never ever seem to get round to it, even though I know all the benefits. Think I'll treat myself to the Elemis brush you write about (or I'll put it on my Incredibly-Early-Christmas-Pressie list!!!) and get on with it....my cellulite is calling out for it!

    Thanks for the post... It's a timely reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried body brushing (I have a feeling it's time consuming and I am incredibly lazy!). I really ought to give it a try.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very informative...never tried it. Great blog...followed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think sometimes we overlook the basics and body brushing is fab. I need to remember to do it x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great article! I love dry brushing and think it's a great benefit to my skin. I use the one from The Body Shop and have been skin brushing for years now. It doesn't take much time and the results are great.
    http://www.vlmakeup.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails